04 April 2012

April Fools'

Last week I mentioned that life is good. There was something that I didn't list in my good news. I told my family about this good news on Sunday. With April 1st so close I just had to take advantage of it. For some odd reason they didn't believe me when I told them. I've never pulled an April Fools' joke before and I don't think I will again but this was kind of fun. I told my family I was getting a book published. And the trick was the fact that I was telling the truth.

When I lost my job I decided it was a good time to work on the goal Moose set for me. Twice a year he wants me to submit a novel to a publisher or agent. The week I lost my job I did some quick edits on a novel I had and sent it off to a publisher I'd just learned about. Three weeks later I received word that they want to publish my novel. There are still a few things that need to be finalized but I have started working with an editor on improving my novel. As I have been working on it I realized how lucky I am that they accepted it. This is the second novel I finished. Shortly after I finished it I went through and edited it and then it sat on my computer for three years. My writing improved but I never went back to the story.

I still can't believe I'm getting a story published. I don't think I'll believe until I am actually holding a copy in my hand. But All I can say is that this wouldn't have happened if not for my friends and family. (Just you wait, Josh, your page views are going to shoot up as I visit your blog to make my characters more believable.)

8 comments:

  1. This is the best news I have heard in a long time!!! I'm so excited for you and glad that you have been my friend (no not because you are getting published and my page views are going to skyrocket:). You have always supported me and helped and most importantly you have encouraged me to continue writing when truthfully I have wanted to throw in the towel many a time. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It wouldn't have happened without your help. You've also encouraged me to keep writing.

      Delete
  2. WOW! Congratulations! Which story? Which publisher? Details, lady. I'm so happy for you. I knew it was only a matter of time; you are too talented of a writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The story is the one I call my Tree story. I believe I had just finished it when we started our writing group.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Emily! That is very exciting. Can't wait to hear more details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's nice to hear from you. I hope you are doing well.

      Delete