25 April 2012

Stationery is left Behind

This last week I received a letter from one of my cousins. I have always enjoyed writing letters and when we were in NYC last year I found some really cute stationery. This cousin was able to find some Alice in Wonderland stationery. It only fueled my desire to find more stationery since I am almost out. I never thought it would be difficult to find stationery but even when I look online I have a hard time finding nice stationery that isn't just computer paper.

I work in a technical field. All of my jobs since college have revolved around computers and I have become pretty good. At my new job I've become known as the Microsoft person. I have people from other departments calling me asking how to do different things. Most people don't believe me when I say that I don't like working with computers. I've heard that some schools are no longer teaching cursive because it has become out dated. You can probably all imagine how I feel on this, remember my spiel on e-readers. I don't care if people rather write emails, just don't take away my stationery because I will always prefer sending and receiving snail mail.

And if any of you know where to find cute stationery that isn't just computer paper let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I am a computer geek and haven't written snail mail since my mission. However, I do think that it is important that we still learn to write and understand the importance of writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but you know the importance. The biggest problem I see is the fact that there are kids who don't see the importance.

      Delete
  2. I've seen cute stationary at Fedex. I know, kinda weird, but places that mail things are in the business of encouraging people to do the same. :) Good luck finding stuff you like. I'll keep my eyes open for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I will check it out next time I am in Fedex.

      Delete