18 July 2012

A Getting to Know you Cake

Moose and I went to a couple's bridal shower for his cousin on Monday night. It was a little awkward because it was hosted by the other side of the family. So as my dad says, we were the outlaws. We were able to spend a lot of time with Moose's cousin so we felt comfortable. They provided dinner and we had a nice conversation with the people at our table. They had an activity that I had never seen at a bridal shower before, but then again, I've never been to a shower before where husbands were invited. Once dinner was over the game began. Everyone was divided into four teams. The goal of the team was to design a groom's cake. One member from each team to take 60 seconds to interview the groom. They would then relay the information to the team and then they would decorate the cake according to the interview. I thought this was a really good idea since it was a way for the family to get to know the half of the couple they weren't related to win. The cakes turned out really cute. (They had some pretty fancy cake decorating stuff, including fondant.) I think that this will be something I use in the future in a variety of instances. And, if worst comes to worst, we can have some hilarious cake wrecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment