11 July 2012

Why I love Living in the Country

While we were at the Oakley parade we were next to some cute kids. They were from out of town. Their mom was asking questions about where we lived. We started listed off the reasons why we love living here. I have mentioned it before on the blog but with our house selling on Thursday, fingers crossed, I am reminded once again of why I love living here. True, living in Logan was great but it doesn't feel like home anymore.

One of the big reasons why I love living out here is the fact that I can go outside at night and see the stars. There is one street light on our road, which is about a half-mile away. A few of the houses do have lights but the light pollution is almost nil. There is just something relaxing about gazing at the stars. I think everyone needs to take time out of their busy schedules to go star gazing. Don't wait for the next celestial event. Most nights you can even see satellites moving across the sky. There is just something peaceful about laying in the dark and looking up at something so beautiful that makes some of the tension ease out of life. (When I was younger, one of my dreams was to see Earth from space. Who knows, with space travel becoming more readily available to the rich and famous, I might actually be able to accomplish it someday.)

4 comments:

  1. Em, too true. This is one of my favorite things to do on Wesley's porch. In fact, we even saw an amazing rainbow- from end to end!!- the other day after a light storm. I will truly miss that chance when I move to Atlanta next week. I'm hoping the bustle may not quite reach us nestled near our "Big Tree Reserve"... fingers crossed. But, I am very much looking forward to watching the sun rise above the tree line on our porch. Maybe I can imagine you'll be seeing the same sun two hours following the bursting spectacle on my side of the country ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the sunrise every morning coming over the mountains. What a pretty sight. Good luck on your move.

      Delete
  2. I agree living in the country seems more relaxing and easy going. Time seems to slow down at times. I miss the country especially now that I'm in the big city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So where are you living now? Did you find an internship/job within your field? How is April's school going? I miss our writing group.

      Delete