10 August 2011

Happily Ever After

Today is the start of one of the neatest experiences I will have. Tonight is the reception for my best friend, who is marrying my brother. I met my friend in college. We were roommates who had a lot in common. Though we only lived together that one year we formed a bond. There came a situation a few years later when my friend needed a new place to live and my parents were awesome and welcomed her into their home. At this time my brother was serving a mission and I just kept thinking that the two of them would get along. When he got home they really hit it off, as friends. I was living in another city and was hearing from both of them how much they enjoyed each other's company.

Not thinking about the consequences, I call my brother one night and told him to take my friend on a date. (At this time my friend was no longer living with my family. But she was visiting that evening and I had no idea.) My brother decided that taking her on date sounded like fun. After I hung up my husband said, "You do realize if this doesn't work your life is going to be difficult."

Almost a year later I am glad to say that I pushed them together. I am pretty sure that they would have gotten together eventually. They are so happy together and I wish them the best of luck. This is the start of their happily ever after.

2 comments:

  1. And I'm very glad you did it too. :D Here's to an awesome sister-in-law/bff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exciting. It is so important to sometimes make those leaps even though we could be leaping over lava :)

    ReplyDelete